About North Cross School
- Founded in Salem, VA in 1944
- Merged with the Eaton School and the Wellington School in 1961 to become North Cross School
- 485 students and one honor code: “I will not lie. I will not cheat. I will not steal.”
- Students of all races, ethnicities, and religions are welcome.
- National test scores in the lower school consistently demonstrate high class averages at North Cross School. Our average student scores better than eighty-five percent of the students taking the test nationally.
North Cross is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
North Cross is a member of National Association for College Admission Counseling, and Potomac and Chesapeake Association for College Admission Counseling, the Cum Laude Society and the Counsel for Advancement and Support of Education.
North Cross School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory day school that serves children from early childhood through twelfth grade.
In all of its programs, North Cross School strives to promote in its students: scholarship and a love of learning; character and a sense of personal integrity and responsibility; and a commitment to the good of the community and all within it. Although we prepare our students to enter the finest colleges and universities in the country, we understand that such preparation is of greatest use when it provides for our students the personal and intellectual skills to lead full and meaningful lives. In all things, North Cross School endeavors to be true to its motto: Veritas Vincit – The Truth Will Triumph.
- The school fields 29 teams in 13 sports to ensure that all students find a sport and an ability level.
- One-hundred percent of middle and upper school students take part in community service.
- We currently enroll 20 international students from three continents and seven countries. These students reside with local families and actively participate in all aspects of our school culture.
- One-hundred percent of all North Cross graduates are accepted to a college or university of their choice.